Child Protection Assessments
Assessments offered include the following:
- Psychological & Parenting Assessments
- Neuropsychological & Parenting Assessments
- Social Assessments
- Intellectual Functioning Assessments
- Parenting and Attachment Assessments
- Child Psychological and Social Assessments
Questions that might be answered by such assessments include:
- Does the parent have a psychological/psychiatric diagnosis and if so, what is the impact of such a diagnosis (if any) on their parenting capacity? Is there any treatment available that could address these difficulties and what is the likely prognosis?
- What is the parent’s level of intellectual/cognitive ability and do they have the cognitive capacity to safely parent their child, or benefit from parenting interventions?
- Does the parent understand the child’s needs and development and can they meet the child’s physical, emotional, and developmental needs now and in the future?
- What is the parent’s pattern of intimate relationship functioning and are there any risks associated with the same?
- What is the child’s attachment relationship like with the parent?
- Is the parent able to safely parent their child and protect them from harm?
- What is the child’s current level of psychological functioning and what are their specific needs likely to be in the future?
- What are the most appropriate living and contact arrangements for the child?
- What is the most appropriate Order for the child?
Please call Dr Hardwick on 0450 022 237 to discuss your assessment needs and receive a quote.