Child Protection Assessments
Hardwick Psychological Services is able to provide comprehensive, evidence-based, parenting and child assessments within the field of Child Protection. Hardwick Psychological Services has been conducting such assessments since 2008 and works closely with families, Child Safety Service Centres and legal representatives to ensure a seamless and timely service provision.
Assessments offered include the following:
- Psychological & Parenting Assessments
- Neuropsychological & Parenting Assessments
- Social Assessments
- Intellectual Functioning Assessments
- Parenting and Attachment Assessments
- Child Psychological and Social Assessments
Questions that might be answered by such assessments include:
- Does the parent have a psychological/psychiatric diagnosis and if so, what is the impact of such a diagnosis (if any) on their parenting capacity? Is there any treatment available that could address these difficulties and what is the likely prognosis?
- What is the parent’s level of intellectual/cognitive ability and do they have the cognitive capacity to safely parent their child, or benefit from parenting interventions?
- Does the parent understand the child’s needs and development and can they meet the child’s physical, emotional, and developmental needs now and in the future?
- What is the parent’s pattern of intimate relationship functioning and are there any risks associated with the same?
- What is the child’s attachment relationship like with the parent?
- Is the parent able to safely parent their child and protect them from harm?
- What is the child’s current level of psychological functioning and what are their specific needs likely to be in the future?
- What are the most appropriate living and contact arrangements for the child?
- What is the most appropriate Order for the child?