Psychologist & Clinical Psychology Registrar
B PsychSci (Hons), GradCertPosPsych, MClinPsych
Jenna is passionate about connecting and collaborating with a wide range of clients to support meaningful and practical outcomes. She enjoys adjusting her approach to suit her client’s personal and cognitive strengths. Jenna sees clients across the lifespan, with a range of concerns, including anxiety and depression. She has special interests in neurodiversity (Autism and ADHD) across the lifespan. Jenna is experienced in adjusting therapy to support telehealth sessions. Jenna uses evidence-based approaches and her style is warm, down to earth, and just a little bit quirky.
Jenna has gained experience in delivering therapy (CBT and ACT) and assessment (IQ, Cognitive and Personality) in private practice, in Primary Health Networks and for NDIS participants. She also has experience in a regional hospital supporting inpatients in medical rehabilitation/post-stroke, and supporting outpatients with brain injury. Jenna has additional knowledge of the Child Protection services (QLD), and has engaged as a research assistant for a variety of psychological projects.
- Masters of Clinical Psychology
- Graduate Certificate in Positive Psychology
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Hons – First Class)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Distinction)
- General registration as a Psychologist with AHPRA
- Clinical Psychology Registrar with AHPRA
- Becker, S. I., Lewis, A. J., & Axtens, J. E. (2017). Top-down knowledge modulates onset capture in a feedforward manner. Psychonomic Bulletin and Review. doi:10.3758/s13423-016-1134-2
- Becker, S. I., & Axtens, J. E. (2015). Feed-forward feature-based attention modulates attentional capture and gaze capture by irrelevant onsets in visual search, presented at the 38th European Conference on Visual Perception (ECVP), Liverpool, England, 2015.
- Axtens, J.E. (2014). Getting over the mid-year slump. CQU Student Psychological Society Newsletter.
Fully registered Psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)